Emergency Medical Technician Refresher
In this class the EMT participant will perform a comprehensive review of all the functions of the basic EMT. This program is for person(s) who are in need of a refresher for their EMT certification through the State of Florida.
Part One of the refresher program is a review of all aspects of the EMT program via online coursework. Each topic is covered in a systemic order with a brief quiz at the end of each chapter. Upon completion of the online portion the participate must come in to the school for part two.
Part Two of the refresher program will be a brief lecture followed by a skills review of all practical skills that an EMT must perform on a daily basis as per the DOT standard.
EMT Skill List Includes:
- Patient Assessment Medical and Trauma
- Oxygen skills, suction skills and basic procedures and application of oxygen
- CPR and AED skills
- Application of the AED device for seated patients who need spinal immobilization
- Application of the mast suit and the signs and symptoms of shock
- Bleeding and bandaging
- Fracture management
- Traction splint and its application
- New technology pertaining to EMT program